Great Victorian Swim Series
Cousins Tours & Travel Great Victorian Swim Series 2014/15
- Mentone Open Water Swim 14/12/14 *
- Point Leo Swim Classic 26/12/14 *
- Rip View Swim Classic PointLonsdale 28/12/14
- Rock2Ramp Anglesea 30/12/14 *
- Danger 1000 Ocean Swim Torquay 03/01/15 *
- Sorrento Bay Swim 03/01/15 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! date change now 14/02/15
- Bloody Big Swim & Grand Challenge Mornington 17/01/15 *
- MMAD Australia Day Swim Mount Martha 26/01/15 *
- Queenscliff Blue Water Challenge 31/01/15
- Cerberus Swim Classic at Half Moon Bay 21/02/15 *
- Twilight presentation party 27/02/15
Our fun end of season presentation Party will be held at Royal Brighton Yacht Club, Friday 27 Feb at 6.30pm. Come along to celebrate our "Red & White" year. Put on your glad rags, let your hair down and add a splash of red &/or white to your outfit. Invitation is complimentary for series entrants (includes food, awards,entertainment- drinks at bar prices). You are welcome to bring along friends or family at $30 pp.
For catering and venue purposes we require RSVP's by 19 Feb. Click here to register and purchase additional tickets
Once you have entered the series you must enter each individual event. For safety reasons many swims cap the numbers- make sure to enter early to avoid disappointment.
Swimmers entered in the Non Wetsuit category must wear the series bathers and register at the GVSS tent before each event.
If you have enter the Non Wetsuit category and choose to swim one or more event in a wetsuit your entry will default to the wetsuit category.
Unfortunately this year we have 2 events on the 3rd on January - it's a tough one! You will need to choose- both events qualify. Torquay offers 2 distances......Sorrento offers a wonderful 2 k swim. The GVSS tent will be at Sorrento - if you are swimming at Torquay and have entered the Non Wetsuit category please contact us
Final series points will be based on your 5 best results for the short course, best of 4 for the long course
Dates of participating events subject to change
About the Swim Series
The "Great Victorian Swim Series" is an ocean swim series for the thousands of recreational swimmers who take part in individual swims over summer. The aim of the series is to encourage more people to be active and take part in these great community events that help raise money for our surf life saving clubs.
Entry to the series is simple and you get some great gear and the chance to win heaps more, even if you're not a fast swimmer who is vying for a series win. There are lots of spot prizes as well, including a trip to Europe to Turkey for the Dardanelles swim 2015 and a trip to the Samoa Swim Series 2015.
How to enter:
- To register click here
- Entry to the series costs $33 - special rates available if you would like to enter more than one category
- entry include:
- The option to purchase Funky Trunks series bathers at an amazing $20 per pair
- A long sleeve series t-shirt. (sponsored by Light on Landscape)
- Mesh peaked cap (sponsored by Cousins Tours & Travel)
- Towel (sponsored by Swimming Victoria)
- Complimentary invitation to end of season presentation party.
- Notification and inclusion in the series results updated after each race.
- Eligibility for series placings and great prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd in each category.
- Eligibility for spot prizes.
Competitors need to register for the series by 31 December 2014 Enter early to guarantee series t-shirt and option to purchase series bathers for an amazing $20. There is no requirement to complete a minimum number of events, you don't have to do any races to win the trip to the Dardanelles!
It is the responsibility of individuals to enter participating races in the series in addition to the series itself.
Prizes have been generously donated by Cousins Tours & Travel, Light on Landscape, Swimming Victoria & Masters Swimming Victoria
The top 18 competitors in each category will receive placing points and each competitor after 18th place will receive 1 point for participation (excludes DNS and DNF results).
The scoring system for the series gives everyone a chance to finish amongst the top places.
The swim series is divided into the following categories for both Male and Female.
Age at 13 December 2014.
Ages: 12 to 17, 18 to 29, 30 to 39, 40 to 49, 50 to 59, 60 to 69 & 70+
Short Course (swims that are 2km or less)
Long Course (swims 2.5k or longer )
Non wetsuit category. If you have entered the non wetsuit category you must register at the GVSS tent before each swim.
Swimming Victoria prize categories - details to be advised
Masters Swimming Victoria open water club championship
If you are a member of a masters swimming club select your club when registering. Your series points will be allocated to help your club become the first MSV open water club champions.
If you are not a member - consider joining now. For MSV website click here
Points and Scoring
Each race in the Swim Series earns you points into the overall score for the series. You are only competing against people in your own category.
To be eligible for category and spot prizes, competitors must register for the series before 31 December 2014.
Points are awarded for entrants in each swim as follows from 20 points down to 1 point based on their placing in the event. (male & female in each category awarded points)
For example 1st = 20pts, 2nd = 19pts, 3rd = 18pts, 4th = 17pts, 5th = 16pts ...down to 1 pt.
All competitors receive a minimum of 1 point for each event for participation.
All series entrants will start with 100 points.
Final series points will be based on your 5 best results (short course) 4 best results (long course)
If you swim twice in two age categories on the same day then the registered age category will apply. ( eg Open and age Category )
The series is open to swimmers, supporters and the very important towel and bag holders. All series entrants will recieve a minimum of 100 points.
You automatically qualify for series points once you have registered for the series. Everyone registering for the series is eligible for spot prizes - not compulsory to compete in the swims.
Races with Different Lengths: * changed
You will only be awarded points in the category you have entered. i.e Short Course, Long Course, non-wetsuit. You can enter more than one category.
Terms and Conditions of point scoring are subject to change.
To be eligible for the prizes in the Swim Series you need to register before 31 December 2014.
Congratulations and thanks to all of you that support the clubs and swims - together with Swimming Victoria & Masters Swimming Victoria, Way Funky and all participating surf clubs we hope you all have a great swim season!
- Travel Prize - everyone registered for the series is entered into the draw (you do not need to be at presentation if name drawn, nor do you have to have done any of the swims) . Swim trip to the Dardanelles swim 2015 donated by Cousins Tours & Travel.
- Travel Prize #2 - Samoa Swim Series
- Prizes for first 3 in each category.
- Plenty of generous spot prizes donated by our sponsors.
- Spot prize to be drawn at each participating swim (you must be present at the event to be eligible for this prize).
- Swimming Victoria prizes
- Masters Swimming Victoria prizes
If you or your company would like to be part of the swim series as a sponsor we would love to hear from you. Help us make the swim series bigger and better for 2014-15 - click here to contact us.
Please support our sponsors who have donated prizes for the series