Great Victorian Swim Series
Cousins Tours & Travel Great Victorian Swim Series 2013/14
- Point Leo Swim Classic 26/12/13
- Rock2Ramp Anglesea 28/12/13
- Rip View Swim Classic Point Lonsdale 29/12/13
- Danger 1000 Ocean Swim Torquay 04/01/14
- Sorrento Bay Swim 12/01/14
- MMAD Australia Day Swim Mount Martha 26/01/14
- Cerberus Swim Classic at Half Moon Bay 22/02/14 * please note date change
- Twilight presentation party 23/02/14 Royal Brighton Yacht Club - * please note date change
Final series points will be based on your 5 best results for the short course, best of 4 for the long course
Dates of participating events subject to change
About the Swim Series
The "Great Victorian Swim Series" is an ocean swim series for the thousands of recreational swimmers who take part in individual swims over summer. The aim of the series is to encourage more people to be active and take part in these great community events that help raise money for our surf life saving clubs.
Entry to the series is simple and you get some great gear and the chance to win heaps more, even if you're not a fast swimmer who is vying for a series win. There are lots of spot prizes as well, including a trip to Europe to one of Cousins Tours and Travel Swim Tours.
How to enter:
- Registration now closed
- Entry to the series costs $30 - special rates available if you would like to enter more than one category
- entry includes
- Some great Funky Trunks/Funkita gear.
- The option to purchase Funky Trunks/Funkita series bathers at an amazing $15 per pair
- A long sleeve series t-shirt.
- Complimentary invitation to end of season presentation party.
- Notification and inclusion in the series results updated after each race.
- Eligibility for series placings and great prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd in each category.
- Eligibility for spot prizes including a trip to Europe.
Competitors need to register for the series by 03 January 2014. Enter early to guarantee series t-shirt and option to purchase Funky Trunks series bathers for an amazing $15. There is no requirement to complete a minimum number of events, you don't have to do any races to win the trip to Europe!
It is the responsibility of individuals to enter participating races in the series in addition to the series itself.
Prizes have been generously donated by Cousins Tours & Travel, Light on Landscape, Swimming Victoria, Masters Swimming Victoria, Funky Trunks & Funkita .
The top 18 competitors in each category will receive placing points and each competitor after 18th place will receive 1 point for participation (excludes DNS and DNF results).
The scoring system for the series gives everyone a chance to finish amongst the top places.
The swim series is divided into the following categories for both Male and Female.
Age at 26 December 2013.
Ages: 12 to 17, 18 to 29, 30 to 39, 40 to 49, 50 to 59, 60 to 69 & 70+
Short Course (swims that are 2km or less)
Long Course (swims 2.5k or longer )
Funky Trunks/Funkita non wetsuit category.
Masters Swimming Victoria open water club championship
If you are a member of a masters swimming club select your club when registering. Your series points will be allocated to help your club become the first MSV open water club champions.
If you are not a member - consider joining now. For MSV website click here
Points and Scoring
Each race in the Swim Series earns you points into the overall score for the series. You are only competing against people in your own category.
To be eligible for category and spot prizes, competitors must register for the series before 1January 2014.
Points are awarded for entrants in each swim as follows from 20 points down to 1 point based on their placing in the event. (male & female in each category awarded points)
For example 1st = 20pts, 2nd = 19pts, 3rd = 18pts, 4th = 17pts, 5th = 16pts ...down to 1 pt.
All competitors receive a minimum of 1 point for each event for participation.
Final series points will be based on your 5 best results
If you swim twice in two age categories on the same day then the registered age category will apply. ( eg Open and age Category )
The series is open to swimmers, supporters and the very important towel and bag holders. All series entrants will recieve a minimum of 10 points.
You automatically qualify for series points once you have registered for the series. Everyone registering for the series is eligible for spot prizes - not compulsory to compete in the swims.
Races with Different Lengths: * changed
You will only be awarded points in the category you have entered. i.e Short Course, Long Course, Funky non-wetsuit. You can enter more than one category.
Terms and Conditions of point scoring are subject to change.
To be eligible for the prizes in the Swim Series you need to register before 03 January 2014.
Non Wetsuit - 1 - 3 only to race 6
Congratulations and thanks to all of you that support the clubs and swims - together with Swimming Victoria, Masters Swimming Victoria, Way Funky and all participating surf clubs we hope you all have a great swim season!
- Travel Prize - everyone registered for the series is entered into the draw (you do not need to be at presentation if name drawn, nor do you have to have done any of the swims) . Swim trip to Europe donated by Cousins Tours & Travel.
- Prizes for first 3 in each category.
- Invitation to presentation evening.
- Plenty of generous spot prizes donated by our sponsors.
- Spot prize to be drawn at each participating swim (you must be present at the event to be eligible for this prize).
- Funky Trunks/Funkita will offer a cash prize to the fastest male and female (non-wetsuit) Short Course only. Winner must be entered int he series and wear the series bathers.
- At every event there will be a spot prize with lots of goodies including an annual subscription to H2 open magazine, voucher from Swim Well, products from Funky Trunks and more.....
All competitors will be able to download a series certificate.
If you or your company would like to be part of the swim series as a sponsor we would love to hear from you. Help us make the swim series bigger and better for 2013-14 - click here to contact us.
Please support our sponsors who have donated prizes for the series